Wednesday 18 March 2015

Off to Switzerland!

header100Club










VBT Logo
I am currently spending my last week at  home before I leave to Switzerland
 to race for my new team for the 2015 racing season.
It is crazy to think how fast everything has gone this year, from not really knowing what I will be doing to booking flights and arranging things in Switzerland. 

fuchsmovesaMy plan for this year was to visit and race in Europe for a couple of weeks just to experience some world class racing. One of the races was the BMC Racing-Cup in Gränichen where a ex-boyfriend of my mothers, Eric de Boor lives. 

obristWe asked him if it was fine to stay with him over a couple of days. His response took me by surprise as he asked me if I would be interested to ride for a small mountain bike team. You can imagine what my answer was. As he is the treasurer for the team he had some contacts and knew Roland Fischer quite well, the owner of Fischer Bikes. After translating my CV into German and sending it back and forth to Eric and Roland they offered me a spot as a guest rider for the year. I am extremely grateful for this opportunity that was thrown right in front of me.

dentaltechnikI will be racing all the BMC Racing-Cup series this year as well as a smaller series, the Argovia Vittoria-Fischer Cup. This will have me riding in Switzerland until middle September.

elektrowurglerOn my trip to Zürich I will have a small stop-over in Pretoria where I will be racing the second SA-Cup series. I am quite excited for this because it has been a while since I've raced my Mountain Bike in South Africa and it will be the first time racing there in good form and with confidence. Hopefully I will be able to pick up some UCI points which will help a lot in Europe.
Other than that I am currently glued to the internet and social media following the ABSA Cape Epic. Some of my best friends are racing, one of them Jason van't Slot, the first ever cyclist with Cystic Fibrosis to attempt the Epic. I'm really proud of him and wish him all the best.
Till next time, and keep those wheels turning
Martin

P.S. Here is the teams website with a rider profile of myself: http://www.fischer-junior.ch/teamfahrer/gastfahrer/martin_freyer/index.php

vittoria

1 comment:

  1. Wow Martin already a pro athlete can't wait to see how it goes. Amazing From Darren Bownes

    ReplyDelete